Our memberships and partnerships
Association of Medical Research Charities
Borne is a member of the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC) We agree with our sector’s principles and position on:
- awarding grants through open competition with external peer review;
- the management of any conflicts of interest in the funding of medical research;
- our support of research in universities;
- and our position on using animals in research.
We believe in a bench-to-bedside approach to our translational research and support the AMRC’s position on research and innovation in the NHS. We ensure ideas and discoveries translate into new treatments and services that benefit patients.
National Institute for Health Research
Borne is a non-commercial Partner of the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN).
By working together, we share and support the belief that:
- Research should provide the most benefits for patients and the public.
- As funders, we make best use of our resources and expertise.
Pregnancy & Baby Charities Network
- Reduce the number of babies who die during pregnancy, birth or in the early weeks of life.
- Reduce morbidity in newborn babies and improve care for babies and their parents.
- Improve care throughout the path to parenthood; before, during and after pregnancy and after losing a baby or pregnancy.