Relive the Borne Arctic Challenge
In April 2018, nine adventurers led by Alan Chambers MBE and Wayne Hoyle trekked to the North Pole to raise awareness and funds for research into premature birth.
Borne to Trek
Watch the official Borne documentary of a purposeful adventure to prevent premature birth.
- Part 1: In this first episode, Greenwood’s private preparation for the trek is put on hold when explorer, environmentalist and Amuse Editor-At-Large, David de Rothschild shows up at his home to offer him some super-solid last-minute advice.
- Part 2: Will Greenwood travels to the most northern town in the world, Longyearbyen in the Svalbard, to make final preparations for his attempt on the the North Pole.
- Part 3: This is the most extreme test of physical and mental endurance Will has faced, where the memory of his premature son, Freddie motivates him to keep walking.
This Challenge and the invaluable funds raised for research would not have been possible without the generous support of so many, who spurred the expedition team on to reach their goal in extreme conditions.
An adventure of a lifetime in aid of Borne. We did it!
The research you are funding
Your generosity is fuelling new research into the maternal immune system during pregnancy and how it affects premature birth.
The programme will follow women who are pregnant for the first time throughout their pregnancy and beyond to:
- Understand the processes of pregnancy and preterm birth.
- Identify potential risk factors and develop predictive algorithms to screen women early in pregnancy.
Thanks to you
We are on track to fund a Principal Investigator who will lead our maternal immunology research.
We have appointed a full-time research manager and a research technician.
We have hired our first research midwife to recruit more pregnant women into our studies.
We are now looking to bring a Post-Doctorate scientist specialised in immunology on board. This role will be key to lead and conduct our experiments in the labs.
Help us prevent premature birth
With as little as £9 month, you can accelerate the pace of change.