Celebrating a loved one’s pregnancy is more than just about attending a baby shower or sending a thoughtful gift.
Supporting pregnant women in birth and motherhood is so important – especially during the pandemic — but it can be challenging, too. In this guest article from mightymoms.net, Emily Graham shares a few resources for showering the mom-to-be in your life with love and support for these special nine months.
Helping an expectant mom prep for her baby’s birth is tough from afar, but there are things you can do to help.
Everybody loves a good pampering – and nobody deserves it more than an expectant mom!
- Have your pregnant loved one’s favourite meal or snacks delivered.
- Pick out thoughtful gifts, like cozy maternity and nursing pajamas.
- Sign her up for streaming services to enjoy while pregnant and during recovery, too.
- Pick her up a wireless charger to add to her hospital bag so she can stay in touch with loved ones without worrying about her phone’s battery running out.
Presents and parties are great, but going beyond celebrations can help the mom-to-be in your life stay grounded and healthy.
- Strike up a meditation habit together — Zoom can help you feel calm together.
- Lend emotional support by keeping an open mind and letting her share and vent.
- Offer to pick up groceries, walk the dog, or any other socially distanced task to ease her burden.
Pregnancy is such a special time for moms and their partners, but the pandemic has changed the experience significantly. Fortunately, there are ways you can show the mom-to-be in your life how much you care with these thoughtful and supportive ideas.