work with borne
Come work for us! We are a small but mighty team, passionate about working to prevent premature birth through research.
CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
To apply, follow the links which will take you to the advertising platform, or email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Special Events Project Manager
Up to £40,000 – Permanent, full time
An outstanding opportunity for an experienced, motivated, highly organised events professional to lead on the implementation of an events portfolio that is central to growing the profile of Borne and with a focus on increasing income.
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing medical research charity with the ambition and support of an influential Board of Trustees and Borne Ambassadors to position the charity as a leader in the sector for innovative event delivery. Reporting to the Director of Fundraising you will project manage our special events from conception to completion, planning and delivering a truly wide variety of high-profile events and campaigns.
- Project management of the special event portfolio from conception to on-site delivery and post event analysis
- Assessment of fundraising potential through budget creation and proactive management, strong supplied negotiation and seeing opportunities for pro bono support and partnerships
- Lead weekly project meetings, identifying roles and responsibilities and communication updates and deadlines effectively with internal and external stakeholders and working as the central communication point
- Work closely with Borne’s communication agency and with internal and external stakeholders on creative concept design, copy and printing
- In support of the Director of Fundraising, forge strong relationships with Borne Patrons and Ambassadors to ensure the highest standards of quality in all areas of production and event delivery
- In support of the Philanthropy Manager, build and maintain positive relationships with Borne UHNW supporters and prospects managed their data effectively and according to current legislation, Borne policies and best practice
- Work alongside Borne’s current third party suppliers and build a central database of event suppliers and venues, minting and building relationships with external suppliers and companies
- Research and develop proposals for new special event opportunities for Borne to consider
- To carry our any other duties as may reasonably be required
- Readiness to work outside office hours and weekends when required
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years proven experience leading on a variety of high-quality event formats
- Track record for applying creative expertise to event delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well connected to suppliers across the industry
- Thrives from a fast paces, ever-changing environment
- Highly organised with a natural ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and deliver deadlines
- Able to proactively own and progress initiatives with inputs and buy-in from stakeholders
- Strong team player who is prepared to roll up his/her sleeves and get stuck in as a part of the team to get time-bound work done
- Ability to work independently and proactively as well as part of a small, inclusive team
- Proactive team player and contributor of ideas; confidence to present ideas and projects to senior management and trustees
- Committed, flexible and collaborative
Donating your time, skills or expertise to Borne is a fantastic way of helping us on our journey to preventing premature birth. Whether you’d like to volunteer on a regular basis, offer pro-bono advice or guidance, or help out at one of our events, we’d love to have you on board! Get in touch to find out more about how you can join the Borne family.